2008 Midwest Chapter MLA / MHSLA Joint Conference
The Midwest MLA / MHSLA 2008 Conference Program Committee invites proposals for contributed papers relating to the conference theme of Vital Signs: Keeping You and Your Library Vibrant and Healthy. Topics may be informational or research-oriented and should fall into one of the four vital sign categories of Pulse, Respiration, Blood Pressure, or Temperature.
A written paper is not required. If accepted, applicants should be prepared to speak for approximately 15 to 30 minutes depending on the number of papers being presented. The deadline for paper submissions is May 31, 2008.
All applications must include the following:
- Structured abstract. See the MLA Research Section Web page for guidance on writing a structured abstract.
- The abstract must include the objective and methods sections of the structured abstract, and not exceed 350 words, and should not contain tables, figures, or bibliographic references.
- Title, author(s) and affiliation(s).
- Times New Roman, 10-point font, and Symbol font for symbols are the recommended fonts.
- .doc or .rtf are the recommended document format.
- Any special equipment requirements.
Submit applications to Alexia Estabrook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact:
Helen L. DeRoy Medical Library
Providence Hospital & Medical Center
16001 W. Nine Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075