To all MHSLA Members:
It’s that time of year again to honor one of our colleagues as MHSLA’s Librarian of the Year. The criteria for the award is as follows:
This career award recognizes a librarian (MLS or equivalent) for outstanding leadership and accomplishment in library service.
1. The librarian must be an active member of MHSLA.
2. Criteria for recognition involve contributions to the profession and to one’s community, such as:
a. Distinguished service to the profession; outstanding participation in activities of professional associations; and notable publications, presentations and projects.
b. Dedicated leadership and vision in health sciences libraries including automation technology, management, networking, education or service.
c. Active support of and participation in MHSLA.
d. Enhancement, expansion and interpretation of library service to the community and/or strengthening of the library’s role and position in the community.
e. Development of innovative programs that have benefited MHSLA members
1. Nominations are accepted from MHSLA members. Individuals may self-nominate.
2. 3. The MHSLA Executive Board will select the Librarian of the Year from the pool of candidates nominated, by an all-Board vote.
4. All nominations and supporting documentation are considered confidential.
5. The award shall be presented by the President at the Annual MHSLA Education Conference meeting.
6. Re-nominations may occur.
Please submit a narrative format about the nominee and submit it to Janet Zimmerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 1, 2008 to be considered.
We look forward to recognizing one of our outstanding members in this annual event. Thanks for making MHSLA such a great organization.
Janet Zimmerman, Director, Library Information Services
3601 W. Thirteen Mile Rd.
Royal Oak, MI 48073-6769
Filed under: Uncategorized |